Monday, February 7, 2011

My Opening Show

My opening show I only gave my guests a few days notice, but I still got a few people to show up. We made the Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle. I am not one for the taste of Lime, but I have to admit I was looking for a recipe that would help me demonstrate quite a few products in one recipe.

Here are some things I changed from the original recipe:
  • I used my deep covered baker to roast the almonds in the micro wave with. We just stirred them every 20 seconds or so.
  • My store didn't have fresh strawberries so we used frozen. I made sure that they were fully defrosted, rinsed and patted them as dry as I could to try and not make them so mushy.
What I learned
  •  Do not feel dumb about looking at the recipe. Otherwise you will do as I did and put 2-3 C condensed milk and not 2/3 C. 
  • Don't make guests feel like they have to try products. Do most of the work and occasionally ask if someone wants to try a product after you have demonstrated it. 
My sells weren't as high as I would like, to be honest they weren't high at all. I wasn't even able to count it as a show. How embarrassing when it was my opening show. But I did get 5 people wanting to host a show for me!!! That was a big success.

And even though my recipe was made wrong, with too much condensed milk, it still tasted really yummy. Even for the lime haters like me = )


No comments:

Post a Comment